A poignant, resonant, open letter to Christians in college, by Stanley Hauerwas, a theologian and professor of ethics at Duke Divinity School.
"Christians need jobs just like anybody else, but the years you spend as an undergraduate are like everything else in your life. They’re not yours to do with as you please. They’re Christ’s."
Take the time to read it if you can!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer and that you are excited for this upcoming semester.
1. If you have any musical background and would like to help lead worship, let Hudson McNamee know and he will get your hooked up!
2. Fall conference if going to be happening Friday Oct. 23- Sunday Oct. 25th. I would encourage all of you to attend. Thus clear your calendars now!
That is all for now.
First things first, we have a new website! Hudson has done a wonderful job getting it up and running and I hope that it will be useful to everyone.
The hope for this section of the website (the blog) is to flesh out questions or comments or anything else that is happening here at Colby. If you have questions or suggestions for things to put on the blog shoot an email to email@example.com and we shall see what we shall see.
The purpose of this first blog post is just to let everyone know what is going on here at Colby and some of the changes that are being made to InterVarsity.
1. We have a new website.
2. We have a dedicated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. We are having new events during the week (see the events tab)
4. We have some new leadership helping out with different aspects of the fellowship (see the contact tab)
5. We hope to begin working at the Homeless Shelter in Waterville very soon. Makhieba has begun to work out the details and so keep an eye out for that.
6. We have changed up worship! With the wonderful musical talents of Hudson and Stephanie we now have 2 people leading worship on Tuesday nights. If you would like to get involved with that shoot us an email.
7. We hope to begin having weekly prayer meetings. The when and where is still up in the air.
8. We are planning on having a get together with the Bates Christian Fellowship sometime this spring. Should be a party.
9. Lastly, If you would like to still sign up for ServeUP or for Urbana shoot us an email. We currently have 4 spots open for serve up so tell your friends! We hope to be able to fill up the trip completely.
We will hopefully begin posting what we talk about on Tuesday nights (at least the topic and the verses studied) here as well as answers to questions and just general things. If you have questions let us know and if not we hope to see you at some of our upcoming events!
Have a wonderful rest of the week and Blessings in Christ,